dinsdag 8 september 2015

Sheep skin

.... felting. One of the most curious but very fun things I did the summer. How does the work. You only use the wooll after the sheep is shaving, so not the skin. Because everything is so greasy, the wool keeps very well together. On one side you put very thin layers of wool. Then comes the fun part soak it with water and soap.

And then, wrap it up and roll it over 150 times (according to my teacher). Then check it  and roll it again for 254 times. Then rinse it with weather and wash in the machine. I think Mies will be thrilled about her new blanket.

I can tell you it was a lovely day. We had great weather, so we could work outside. The Ouwendorperhoeve (farm) close to Garden is surrounded by hills, woods and Henriette (the donkey).













1 opmerking:

Nana's Quilts zei

I really like your red/pink shirt/jacket!