woensdag 1 april 2015

Loving little quilts ....

... I like big quilts ; ). You could say the bigger the better. But I'm not sure about that anymore. Last sunday we had lot of rain and wind in the Netherlands. A great idea to drive to Vlaardingen (pretty around the corner 30 minutes drive)  to go the Quiltexhibition of the Quiltersgilde.

Lots and lots of inspiration. I really adored the little quilts.So much to see including an international exhibition. And other quilters to discuss the techniques and styles. So my plan for this year, to make at least 4 little quilts with Spakenburger fabrics. Ideas enough. Follow my progress the next months. The first little quilt will be houses of Spakenburger. I finished allready 16 houses, with the idea to make a big quilt. I think 16 houses is a lovely number to make a small quilt. Maybe you will find it next year in the exhibition ; ) of the Quiltersgilde.

 On of my favorites, I realy love this kind of colours and pattern, very traditional.
Welcome!
 
 winter

 Isn't this a great idea: to make 16 quilts, and combine them to one exposition.






2 opmerkingen:

Yvonne zei

Dat was een prima besteding van de natte zondag!

Nana's Quilts zei

Looks like lots of marvelous little quilts and of course, lots and lots of inspiration. What can you do? What color, design, size? Hmmmm. I especially think those little birds (last photo) are so sweet. I'm still looking for the right fabric to make those little birds we saw in Quilt en zo [you sent me the pattern] It must be springtime. :-)
Hugs.