zaterdag 21 juni 2014

Sorry, but it's Spakenburg again

girl / toddler
I know I wrote several times about this cute little museum in Spakenburg. It's one my favorite museums.

Boy toddler
Of course I needed some fabrics, because my Spakenburger Mills quilt is getting bigger and bigger. Purple is not the problem, I have enough in stock, but the light flowerish fabric. So a trip to Spakenburg became more and more urgent.

Girl age 6 - 14
Dieuwke, Willemijn and Joke (Dieuwke's aunt) joined me. So we took the full tour through the museum. So a very enthousiastic lady told us all about the costumes in the different periods. For example they boys and girls both wear skirts. The boys till about the age of 4. You can see the difference in the hat. The girls wear a black hat. From the age of 6 till the age of 14, during primary school, the girls wear black hats, they also had to wear them in the school. Oh must be very warm in summer. After that they could wear the traditional costume, and wear a little crochet white hat, their hair into a big roll. I think that took them some time to get ready.  
grown-up
 

Inspiration, this quilt is on my list.

And what about the boys? Well they had an adventurous day in the woods.

3 opmerkingen:

Nana's Quilts zei

lovely, as it always is. Sounds like a fun museum visit. Tell us about the boys in the trees.

Yvonne zei

Blijft leuk dit museum, vooral omdat je er lapjes kunt scoren. Veel leuker als dat gedoe van de jongens........

Petra zei

Wat een prachtige inspiratie quilt. Ik zie die quilt al helemaal voor me vol met bv klederdracht stofjes maar ook andere stoffen zullen er prachtig in staan. Ik ben ook al eens in dit museum geweest. Dat is al weer een paar jaar geleden, als ik jouw verhalen lees wordt het hoog tijd weer eens die kant op te gaan.