woensdag 1 januari 2014

The first quilttop of 2014 finished

Ok, I know it's a little bit cheating. I only had to do one more row.

My quiltchallenges for 2014: using my scraps and only buying fabric in Seattle ; ). Marne maybe we must check out our calenders and pick a date for fabric shopping in Seattle. Marne and Ronda, we (Caro, Diana and Emma) made good use of all the X-mas flannels, there only 4 squares left. I have talked with Rob about buying a Swiss St. Bernard Dog that matches with the size of the dog quilt. Maybe we should buy a "chiwawa" as well, so I can use the last 4 squares.

What did I put in my memory jar: My mum and dad brought us home-made 'oliebollen' and 'appelflappen'. As long as I can remember my mum and grandmothers always baked them on the 31th of december.

I wish I could you show you a picture, but we have already eaten them all.

4 opmerkingen:

Petra zei

Jij wint, jij hebt de eerste finish dit jaar! Ik hoop mijn eerste vandaag of morgen af te krijgen. In elk geval wens ik jou en Rob de allerbeste wensen voor 2014. Dat dit jaar maar veel geluk, plezier, gezondheid en creativiteit mag brengen.

Jantine zei

Love the jar and fabric idea! Enjoy your new job!

Yvonne zei

Heerlijk.....nu al weer vooruitzicht op Seattle? Wij ook hoor, nog een klein half jaartje....... Je top is mooi en ik zou zeker gaan voor die St. Bernhard.

Marne zei

Well, yes, I do like this, but NO, I don't think you need another dog just now. And especially not a little yappy, barking dog. Oh no! Nice to visit last evening.