zaterdag 20 oktober 2012

Mauce

 This is how we started this weekend. With a friday lunch (after work) at Mauce, you know, our favorite place in the Theresiastraat. Just around the corner from our house.

The weather was amazing, 20C and sunny.

Today it's again grey and rainy autumn weather.

Early in the morning we drove to our summerhouse. My mum is  celebrating her 70th birthday in the Dutch Open Air Museum in Arnhem.

Maybe I can find some time for a short visit at the Quiltshop of Bep.
 This week I did a lot of study duties, but I also finished this mug rug. It's on the way to my sister Marjolein, she did an awful lot of work to make a photobook for my mum.  So she deserves it.

I like doing this little projects. The pattern is coming from one of my favorite books: Jules, mystery quilt.

Talking about books, there was a friday surpise in my mailbox. A big red envelope as my friend Marne told me.  Two quilt books. Especially the "Hearts and hands" is a fantastic book. No patterns, but a description of the influence of women and quilts on american society. It also got very interesting pictures, from slave quilts for example. They very rare, because the quilts were not for luxury, but just needed, so most of them were used till they were worn out.  


2 opmerkingen:

Nana's Quilts zei

Your mug rug is very sweet. I'm sure it will be well received. Most of our RV friends have dogs so they would love that, as well. Glad you liked the books.

Anoniem zei

Yes it is a very lovely present. Thank you. marjolein