donderdag 21 juni 2012

Quilts in Otterlo

 You really have to hurry if you want to see the quilt exposition in the dutch Tile museum, the 1th of july is the last day.  The quilts are inspired on tiles. I must say that I wasn't to enthousiastic about the quilts myself, but that's because I like tradtional quilts, and here were a lot of art quilts. But I really can appreciate the work, and there were a few quilts I really really liked.

The museum itself is very cute. It maybe sound boring to you "tile museum", but it's really worthwile visiting and can be very inspiring for quilters. So a well spend afternoon of my holiday. I must admit I haven't done much quilting yet. I'm watching a very exciting danish DVD called "the killing". Woh, still 5 episodes to go before I know who've done it. We do a lot of cycling. Still no barbeque weather. Tonight "code orange" weather, rain and thunder. Maybe a good moment to spend some quilting time, warm and cozy in our little summer house.


Quilt made by Aafje Hartman-Wolf, the original tile
was found by her father in a old house in the 40s.


Made by Els Postmus,
tiles found in the museum, turned into a quilt.


1 opmerking:

Nana's Quilts zei

Oh wow! Some of those are some pretty incredible quilting efforts. I especially love the fireplace hearth - just so beautiful. Great! Thought of you today as I made jam.