zaterdag 21 januari 2012

Spakenburger houses choices to make

Decisions to make about my Spakenburger houses. Well not 365 that's for sure. I started with the originally pattern with sashings around, and cornerstones between. But it didn't make me really happy. So I'm going for option 2, making rows of houses, with only sashings up and under like blue skies. So there will be two Spakenburger Houses Quilts. A small one I will finish the orignally way but only with 9 houses. A gift for the museum in Spakenburg where I found my fabric treasures. And a big one just for me "the 100, 81, or 64 houses of Spakenburger. Depending the amount of fabric I have. The border will be just rectangles. It's really fun, maybe Jeanneke can do a counting on the first of januar 2013. How many houses have we made all over the world. The Guiness book of records?

4 opmerkingen:

marcella zei

mooi, de Spakenburgse huisjes. Dat lijkt me ook wel een leuke telling straks, hoeveel huisjes er gemaakt zijn.

Nana's Quilts zei

Nice houses. I think I like the plainer houses rather than the really flowery one - makes it hard to see the door and the windows. But then that's just my opinion.

Anoniem zei

Hi Caroline,
I read your comment on the "Building Houses with Scraps" blog that you saved the pattern for the houses. I signed up for Jeanneke's pattern, and thought I'd downloaded it all, but I'm seeing on other blogs that there was also a pattern to make the house by foundation paper piecing. Somehow I didn't download that one. I only have the outline drawings. Would you be willing to email me a copy of the pattern, please? I would appreciate it very much - the houses are so cute!
terrynixonmail@gmail.com

Wilma zei

Hoi Caroline,
Hoe kom je er zo bij om Spakenburgse huisjes te maken?
Heel leuk zijn ze!
Zelf ben ik ook gek op Spakenburgse stofjes, maar ja ik kom er ook vandaan.

Ik heb je gezien bij de lezing van An bij atelier Bep.

Groetjes
Wilma (quilting Willempje)