maandag 31 mei 2010

Ronda's quilt 1940s

The Nine Patch quilt is one of the oldest and probably the most popular of the quilt patterns. Though there are many variations, they are all based on the basic simple Nine Patch pattern. Some patterns have a variety in the size and shape of the squares, changing from the straight squares to rectangulars and to the more difficult curved sides.

This is my next project. I got it from Ronda during my trip in Seattle march 2010. Wasn't that sweet of her. It's called a curved or improved nine-patch, and it was very popular pattern in the 1930's and 1940's. It's one of those optical illusion quilts. Depending on how you look at it, it's a nine-patch in a snowball, or white pinwheels.

I don't know who made this quilt, and I don't want to offend anybody, but it I really must say, it wasn't a quiltgenius who made this quilttop. As Elaine would say: "no sharp points", especially where the curved corners come together it's really hobbelie-wobbelie. But that doesn't matter. Saturday and sunday I spend preparing and basting this quilt, cut all the threads from the back. Dinner on the sofa, because I needed the dining table for more important things. So I hope, that in a few months this "old quilttop" will be turned into a real quilt. One more quilt to add at "Caro's antique recycled quilt collection". Watch my blog, there is more to come.

2 opmerkingen:

^A^ngel zei

Paco has that " got a whole lot of work ahead of you" type of look on his face LOL!!

Looking forward to see this finished... I know you will do a wonderful work...

Hugs,

^A^ngel♥

ballardquilter zei

Caro,
The quilt you are now restoring originated in Texas. It is going to be so nice after you apply your quilt magic.