vrijdag 12 februari 2010

Block Roll

At one of the blogs I follow, I saw a "block roll" or "block keeper". Well that looked very handy, you can easily take your blocks with you, (without folding them again, again) when you travel around or visit friends/family. So a little search on the WWW and I found a tutorial how to make it. Thanks Teresa from Australia.

I made a few changes. I used a plastic plumbing pipe (bought at a DIY shop, for 60 eurocent). For the inside I used fleece. I think the advantage of fleece is that your pieces of fabric stick a little bit to it.
And I made a little pocket to put a few things in, like some thread and little scissor.
Thirties quilt: 60 blocks finished, 50 to go.





4 opmerkingen:

Nana's Quilts zei

So the plastic pipe is at the end, is that right? And then your roll it around the pipe? Very good idea. And I LOVE your winter bird. He is so cute. Vania is happy, no doubt!
M.

^A^ngel zei

This is such a clever idea...!! Love the way it turned out...and the colors...Agree with you about the fleece...

Hugs,

^A^ngel

Teresa zei

Wow... your block keeper is fantastic. I just love it! So glad to give you a little inspiration. Love your blog too... I will be visiting often! xx

Jantine zei

This is very beautiful. And the fleece was a smart choice!