maandag 25 januari 2010

Lizard quilt

Yesterday (sunday) I finished my lizard quilt. I think it has turned out great, and I'm really in the mood for some more experience with batik. Especially to work with "raw edge applique". I think this method is something that goes very well with these kind of fabrics. It's very easy and you can find very good instructions on Youtube.
Well the first project of this year is finished (all done on my sewing machine ) and give away to Tale, a good friend from us, who really loves lizards.

As you can see I'm busy with my next project. I had some batiks left, so I want to make a quilt in the hallway.
Facts and figures '30's quilt: 49 blocks finished, 61 to go.












3 opmerkingen:

^A^ngel zei

Oh Caro .. this is absolutely fabulous!! It turned out gorgeous!! Congratulations ...you are one talented lady!!

Hugs,

^A^ngel

Nana's Quilts zei

I'm excited to see some more of your bird work. And yes that is a good video - very straight forward and not difficult. Clever girl!

Tale looks so serious. Tell him he must smile when you take his photo. :-)
M.

Jantine zei

Your lizard quilt is great! Lucky friend ;-). And the one who you are making now looks great too. It makes me curious, please some close up pictures ;-)